Meat grinder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Since I have the KitchenAid grinder attachment (the plastic one), and since I sure don't want to ruin my grinder, can you provide a little more information about how it harmed your mixer? Did the motor stall and burn out? Did it strip the gear driving the attachment screw?

I haven't taken it anywhere to see whats exactly wrong with it, but it suddenly got louder and the speed droped considerably. It was warm, but no wheres near to hot to touch. I let it cool and turned it back on and the motor has a severe grinding noise.

Unit was just over two yrs old. I only used it to mix raw dog food up for one of my dogs that had special dietary needs. I made a 25#'s every month in 5# batches, so the mixer definitely wasn't used and abused.

I used the grinder only once. I worked ok, but it was painfully slow. Had to cut the meat in very small qubes.

Last edited:
Thanks! I think I'll be OK because my use of the grinder is far less than that. I've had my KitchenAid for over thirty years. I've had to make a few adjustments by other than that it has been bulletproof.

I bought the Smoke House Chef stainless steal grinder attachment for the KitchenAid and I love it. If I were doing 15-20lbs at a time though, I would buy a dedicated grinder and stuffed. Imho, I find stuffing attachment for the KitchenAid to be less than useless.
I'll second your opinion about the KitchenAid meat grinder attachment.  It's made of a plastic material.which cracked shortly after the warranty expired, and to paraphrase KitchenAid, left me SOL.  I put a stainless steel automotive hose clamp around it and have continued to use it for some 27 years.  It is best used when you intend to grind less than 5# of meat as it does take time.  I'm looking at upgrading to a size #12 dedicated meat grinder with a stainless steel head now that I'm getting into sausage making seriously.  If you've taken the time to read the fine print for the new aluminum alloy heads of various sellers you may have noticed what I have - do not soak in hot soapy water.  They want you to do a quick wash and rinse ASAP.  If you don't?   No warranty.

i would like to recommend the home meat grinder. Because I have been using this device since 6 years and it works as like as my expectation. actually if we use any products with carefully it will take more time to destroy. So, this is not the main reason. If you like you can read the details here: home meat grinder reviews.

Hey ! I see here a lot of great recommendations. I have similar problem few weeks ago and I found site with electric meat grinder reviews. This is a good way to compare products at different prices.

I smells this is an Old thread but best to find solution of your problem. I want to buy Meat Mincer and i Have low budget almost 30$. I live in Auckland New Zealand if you know any store feel free to share with me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky