Meat grinder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

inkjunkie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Nov 25, 2014
Please educate me on what to look, what it needs to have...

Budget? Estimated usage?

I started with kitchen aide mixer attachment (after almost burning up the motor) then upgraded to a waring pro. #5 Then upgraded to a cabelas 1hp #22.

A lot of folks use the northern tool Kitchener grinder.

If u plan on sausage get a vertical 5lb and your arm will thank u.

Good luck.

Budget? Estimated usage?

I started with kitchen aide mixer attachment (after almost burning up the motor) then upgraded to a waring pro. #5 Then upgraded to a cabelas 1hp #22.

A lot of folks use the northern tool Kitchener grinder.

If u plan on sausage get a vertical 5lb and your arm will thank u.

Good luck.
Suppose $250-300 is doable...but would not mind spending less. Going to be a home use, just the 2 of us. Going to see some use, just not daily. Sorry for being so vague....

I have this one and it does a real good job for me!
I have never stuffed with it. I have a 10# verticle stuffer.
this is one of the others I was looking at. Spoke to a neighbor that hunts and preps his own meat. He suggested getting a stuffer for making sausages, he said using the grinder was very frustrating for him.

I make sausages quite frequently at home usually around 2.25 kg (5lbs) at a time. I have a Waring Pro - the most basic model. I must say, I have never had an issue with it and it grinds my meat quite good and is pretty easy to clean. I have it for the past 5-6 years and I think it retails for anywhere from $89 - $129. I also have a 5lb vertical stuffer which I highly recommend - retails around $100. These are prices in Canada.

In solidarity,

skandic

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky