Meat grinder

Discussion in 'Slicers, Grinders, Tools, Equipment' started by inkjunkie, Jan 6, 2015.

1. inkjunkie

inkjunkie Master of the Pit

Please educate me on what to look, what it needs to have...

2. elginplowboy

elginplowboy Meat Mopper

Budget? Estimated usage?

I started with kitchen aide mixer attachment (after almost burning up the motor) then upgraded to a waring pro. #5 Then upgraded to a cabelas 1hp #22.

A lot of folks use the northern tool Kitchener grinder.

If u plan on sausage get a vertical 5lb and your arm will thank u.

Good luck.

3. inkjunkie

Suppose $250-300 is doable...but would not mind spending less. Going to be a home use, just the 2 of us. Going to see some use, just not daily. Sorry for being so vague....

4. jckdanls 07

jckdanls 07 Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  5. wolfman1955

wolfman1955 Master of the Pit

I have this one and it does a real good job for me!

I have never stuffed with it. I have a 10# verticle stuffer.

6. inkjunkie

this is one of the others I was looking at. Spoke to a neighbor that hunts and preps his own meat. He suggested getting a stuffer for making sausages, he said using the grinder was very frustrating for him.

7. I make sausages quite frequently at home usually around 2.25 kg (5lbs) at a time. I have a Waring Pro - the most basic model. I must say, I have never had an issue with it and it grinds my meat quite good and is pretty easy to clean. I have it for the past 5-6 years and I think it retails for anywhere from $89 - $129. I also have a 5lb vertical stuffer which I highly recommend - retails around $100. These are prices in Canada.

In solidarity,

skandic