Maze tray question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr_whipple

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 3, 2021
Virginia
Planning to get into cold smoking and I was looking at the AMNPS 5x8 maze pellet smoker Here and the AMNS6x6 sawdust smoker Here
The description in the AMNPS says this "The "new" A-MAZE-N pellet-smoker(amnps) is also a light weight, durable and portable smoke generator, but it's designed to burn pellets or sawdust."

After doing quite a bit of reading it seems to me a lot of folks prefer the sawdust over pellets and I'd like to try that but just wanted to know if this is good for burning dust or pellets as there is a dust specific maze option for purchase.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Last edited:
I think the amns was like the first tray made, but some testing by bearcarver showed that pellets were to hot and would jump rows, then the amnps was made which has double dividers so pellets could be used without jumping rows unless filled to high, so amns is good for dust, the amnps is good for dust or pellets. Hope I explained this right.

Reactions: mr_whipple
I think the amns was like the first tray made, but some testing by bearcarver showed that pellets were to hot and would jump rows, then the amnps was made which has double dividers so pellets could be used without jumping rows unless filled to high, so amns is good for dust, the amnps is good for dust or pellets. Hope I explained this right.

That's what I wanted to hear. Thank you.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky