• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Maverick et-733 question.

matlocc

Fire Starter
Joined May 19, 2016
Got my first nice probe. A little confusing to program. What does the circle arrow on the top left indicate? It keeps blinking?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

matlocc

Fire Starter
Joined May 19, 2016
I have that and it still doesn't explain the circle arrow, thanks though.

hillbillyrkstr

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2013
I have a 733 and it's confusing as all hell. I just let it sit in the box most of the time. i use my igrill because it's the simple (2 buttons). I don't like having to pull up the directions every time I use something.

sauced

Master of the Pit
Joined Aug 9, 2015
Yes....the 733 is a complete pain to configure!!! I hate it, sorry I bought one.

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Yep. A real pain to get set up. About the only good thing I can say about mine is it's VERY accurate. One probe is exact and the other is only 1 degree off--can't beat that.

Gary

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009

I have that and it still doesn't explain the circle arrow, thanks though.
I don't have a 733---I have the 732, so I don't really know what this circle/arrow looks like.

The 732 is easy & usually $10 cheaper than the 733.

However this one shows a lot of stuff for the ET-733 (Link Below):

The only place I see circle-arrow mentioned is a "Re-sync Button" for when you get too far away & lose connection.

Link to instructions:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1011071/Maverick-Et-733-Redi-Chek.html#manual

Bear

Last edited:

hillbillyrkstr

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2013
I agree Gary it's accurate for sure. Problem is it's to much of a pain to mess with so it's usually accurate in the cabinet below my old mes 40. Lol.

I keep it for when we have big smoker parties with multiple smokers going. Between that, my 735, and my igrill 1, and 2 we can really keep track of a lot of meat and chamber temps.

hillbillyrkstr

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2013
Sorry matlocc didn't mean to get off subject. If you use the 733 a lot you'll get the hang of it. But if I was you I'd switch to an igrill. Just as accurate and easy to use.

Good luck

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.