Maverick ET-7 Problem

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
She might just be the smoother... The one with the soft sultry voice that calmed you down and made you feel like you were right on all accounts... Then tell you she is going to ship something to you right away.. Heck the other rude dude already blew that smoke up yer but. LOL
I hope it works out for you.. I hate companies that will beat around the bush about taking care of customers.

Glad it all worked out. My ET-73 will do the line thing if it doesn't get the siganal for a while. Luckily just adjusting the disatnce has worked for me. I will be writing down Elizabeth's name though!

Eric, she did in fact disagree with the clowns diagnosis and said she would ship me a new one. Not only did she send it but sent it special overnight delivery. She wasn't blowin smoke up my backside, she did an outstanding job of customer service. I recieved the new product the next morning.
As long as this one works, alls well....
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

She's sending you a '73 to replace your '7?? That's an upgrade.

Glad it worked out. But if you get more than 25 feet away through the wall of your house, the new one isn't going to work either........

icon_rolleyes.gif

Sorry, my mistake. They are both ET-7 units....We'll see what happens and I'll post the results of the new unit.
icon_question.gif

Well, I tried the new Maverick ET-7 that they sent me and lo and behold, the same problem.
icon_rolleyes.gif
That confirms all the other comments about the non-workings of those units.
It appears they have a serious issue with the signal from the transmitter to the reciever. I called Maverick and talked to Elizabeth again about the problem and she asked me to send the units back for them to look at (shipping was to be at my cost). I told her that I didn't want to spend anymore money on them and that with the other same complaints I'd heard about I was sure they could just open up a unit they had at the company and find the same problem. I suggested that they improve on the signal strength and they would have a really good product.
In closing, I had no problems with the main temp. unit (transmitter) showing the correct temps., I just had to go by the smoker to check it.

It's really not some serious issue with the transmitter. They're only allowed a very small amount of broadcast energy. Any more, and they would need to license each and every user that buys one. I don't recall what they claim the max distance is. Assuming they claim 100 ft, that means in their highly sterile (obstruction free) test lab. Once you start going through stucco, aluminum siding, etc.... the broadcast signal is severly depleated.

All manuf of low power transmitters play the same game.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky