Mav 733

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I believe you're referring to after you have it set up? If so yes at the top it flashes between the two probes I can see individually like you said split down at the bottom. What I was referring to was when setting it up you didn't have to be quick about selecting meat/barbecue as pressing mode switches it back and fourth.
I wonder if there's an ET-733 2.0? With mine I need to be quick or the setting reverts to whatever I just pressed or where it was before. Now, I've own it for about 2 years and this past week was the first time I was able to set it up without the owners manual in front of me. With the setup before last I read that the key button was Setup and then to change meats you either pressed the Hi or Lo button to scroll through them. I remembered that and the rest was easy...finally.

It was silly of me to ask which therm you have since this is a Mav 733 thread. Anyway, I'm talking about the receiver. When I'm using mine it keeps flipping FOOD (and the meat type) and BARBECUE on the top but I can still see the two separate screens below that.  The curved arrow below the probe number box keeps flipping between over and under.

Is this what you're seeing on your receiver?

This is what I meant earlier, sorry for the confusion.

I wonder if there's an ET-733 2.0? With mine I need to be quick or the setting reverts to whatever I just pressed or where it was before. Now, I've own it for about 2 years and this past week was the first time I was able to set it up without the owners manual in front of me. With the setup before last I read that the key button was Setup and then to change meats you either pressed the Hi or Lo button to scroll through them. I remembered that and the rest was easy...finally.

I just set mine up a few minutes ago. I have ample time to adjust my settings. It blinks until I press a button to go the next setting.

This is what I meant earlier, sorry for the confusion.
I just set mine up a few minutes ago. I have ample time to adjust my settings. It blinks until I press a button to go the next setting.
Maybe they updated the design after receiving complaints but didn't want to go to the expense to assigning it a new model number. I wish mine worked the way yours does but then I wouldn't have had mine for the past two years.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky