Materials List

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TLMMWF

Original poster
Jul 3, 2018
does anyone have a fairly decent materials list for building a reverse flow from a 275 gallon fuel tank?

Background:

I’m a welder/fabricator and have been commissioned by a customer to build a smoker out of a 275 gallon fu tank I’ve had laying around.

I’ve read through quite a bit of information on how to build the actual thing and could sit here and fully sketch it all out and add everything up but I was hoping that some of you all that have built a few of these might have a kind of “standard” list. I know the exact numbers will depend on design and all but knowing things like how much expanded metal (1,2 or more sheets??) and how thick of material for the fire box/Fire box tray.... so any help would be much appreciated, if anyone wants more design details I can give the visits of what I’m thinking.

i wish i could help you bud, but i've just been winging it on my build! I bought (1) 4x8x1/4 sheet for my fire box and 1 sheet of 1/2 x #13 flattened expanded for my rack.

Still very helpful! I’ve got about 2/3 of a sheet of 1/4 left.. how much of your full sheet did you use and what size is you CC?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky