Masterbuilt Smokers removed from the local Sam`s Club

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks for that info....I have the new one but havn't checked the temp with another thermometer...Ill do that rightnow, since I have jerky in it at the moment. BTW Cabelas has the new one in stock as of yesterday 02-09-2013
I just contacted MAsterbuilt about the controller..We will follow up here and see if they respond to my issue. Mine is 40 degrees off.

Sams here did same thing .Sent all back to MES. IF it was a recall , Probably be hard for MES to get their units back on the sales floor at sams .

Even after they fix any problems.

I was at Cabelas in Wheeling WV today.  They were sold out of the 30's had a 40 on display and one in a box.  They had stacks of bradleys

I am very satisfied with my MES 30 I got for Christmas.  I am new to all this however this thing has mad me a pro in  my family and friends minds.

temperature seems to be spot on and my internal temps correspond when I slice a piece of my latest creation

I think Sams will get them back in when the problem is fixed. They dont have a comparitive replacement for the MES 40 and the older model sold. I doubt Sams will lose any money and if not already refunded for the recall will get them all replaced at no cost to sams.

I noticed on Amazon that they say the units are in stock, but there is a 2-5 month shipping time.
confused.gif

Sounds like they're buying time to get these things fixed. I wonder if they have to ship all the units back to China for repair, or if they have some means of fixing the things here?

Wonder if its just Sams?

The MES seems to be online still 4 sale.

Do yourself a favor and look for a classic model and avoid the headaches associated with the new models ..

Have had a 40" new style since August of last year, unless they made changes to their shoddy construction and lack of common sense engineering since my purchase; I'd stick to the classic one..

/r

Do yourself a favor and look for a classic model and avoid the headaches associated with the new models ..

Have had a 40" new style since August of last year, unless they made changes to their shoddy construction and lack of common sense engineering since my purchase; I'd stick to the classic one..

/r
I did myself a favor years ago and dumped the MES POJ line.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky