Masterbuilt Remote Pairing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fredjohns

Original poster
Jun 30, 2020
I have an older masterbuilt electric smoker that I have been using for years. The remote recently dies for it so I bought a new remote online for it. I am not able to get the new remote to work with the smoker. I have tried the online instructions which said to press and hold the temp button on the smoker for 3 seconds then press Meat Probe, then light then meat probe then light on the remote but I have had no luck. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Here is the info for my smoker
Model 20072514
Serial AX111403

Those instructions are what are in my manual also.
A, turn controller and remote "off"
B. Press and hold "SET TEMP" on controller for 3 seconds
C. On the Remote press "MEAT PROBE, LIGHT, MEAT PROBE, LIGHT
( All buttons must be pressed within 5 seconds of each other) A short beep will occur after each button press.

Edit: if that does not work unplug smoker for 10 seconds to allow control panel to reset and try again. If nothing yet, call Masterbuilt.

I tried unplugging it and trying a few times with no luck and masterbuilt said they can not give any support since it is no longer under warranty. Never had a company say that once the warranty is up they wont help you with problems.

Thanks, I will give that a try when I get home from work. I had not tried it with the controller and remote OFF

I tried unplugging it and trying a few times with no luck and masterbuilt said they can not give any support since it is no longer under warranty. Never had a company say that once the warranty is up they wont help you with problems.
Boy that is pretty sad deal. They were very helpful when I needed them in the early (warranty) stages.

Are you hearing beeps when entering?

I don't remember hearing any beeps but it was noisy outside this morning when I was trying it. I will bring it in the garage in the morning and try it in there.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky