Masterbuilt Pro dual fuel smoker - how to maintain lower temps?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
New to the site! Have been reading it for awhile. Posting for the first time, bayou classic regulator continually goes out! Think I have it adjusted just right and come later to find the flame out! Can someone help!?

Contrary to what the other posts say, I set the control valve on my smoker to the lowest possible setting. After trying it both ways, all the up and all the way down, I noticed better flame control at low. it took a much larger turn on the bayou regulator to produce a change in flame size. More control. I also always set up a wind break which is little more than some pieces of wood leaning against the side of the smoker base. I can hold low temps all day long with little problem. Just my two cents.

Thanks for the responses so far, I have the Bayou Classic 0-30 regulator. Constantly the flame goes out. Trying many different things same results.

New to the group, first time smoker. I have recently bought the masterbuilt pro double door smoker, and for the life of me cannot get this thing lower than 300°. Keep in mind, I returned the first one thinking there was a defect. This is with me using a digital thermometer set on the center grate held up with a 1/2 potato holding the probe. I am frustrated as can be. I love in Florida, is a balmy 93° tonight, and I'm stuck at 300°, on the lowest setting on the nob.

Last edited:
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...assicdepot.com/nv108p_propane_burner_part.htm I had the same problem and this worked for me
New to the group, first time smoker. I have recently bought the masterbuilt pro double door smoker, and for the life of me cannot get this thing lower than 300°. Keep in mind, I returned the first one thinking there was a defect. This is with me using a digital thermometer set on the center grate held up with a 1/2 potato holding the probe. I am frustrated as can be. I love in Florida, is a balmy 93° tonight, and I'm stuck at 300°, on the lowest setting on the nob.

Reactions: tdelauder81
I used this needle valve setup on mine. It simply attaches where the stock hose does. Just plug and play. It will allow you to turn the flame lower and give you finer adjustment. Although, with the flame very low, it will blow out quite easily. So some kind of wind break around the base will be needed. Opening the bottom vents just a little will also cool the cabinet.
Bayou Classic 0-30 PSI Adjustible Regulator/Hose Assembely

Reactions: tdelauder81
Sorry to hear that stevo8, I'm guessing these things are just temperamental, and it seems no two are alike, the smoker and accessories.

Last edited:
I had a constant temp problem, seems to have fixed it with the bayou shown, the guys at bayou would not recommend a model since these regulators are for their listed products...I can make the flame on the stock burner sound like a F15 with lots of heat (prob too much)  so the needle adjustments are very small.   I was getting a yellow flame on my burner (not enough air), I tilted the box on its back and adjusted (yes you can adjust the fire box on the bottom of the smoker-back to front, front to back) and slid it to the rearmost of the smoker, this gave more air in the mixer giving me a better blue flame.  Perhaps this adjustment might assist with keeping the flame lit?  Sounds like the other folks have given you other options as well.  good luck

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky