MASTERBUILT POOR CUSTOMEr SUPPORT

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

winchesterjoe

Original poster
Aug 17, 2022
I am a Masterbuilt 30" digital electric smoker owner. I lost my wireless remote some time ago and decided to but a new identical unit. ( a comletenew model) As i looked at the vendors I aw that there was NO REMOTE mentioned any where in ANY of the sellers even Amazon - YET thee were promo videos clearly showing the use of the handy unit. It is of special value to me - as I am a disabled vet who has lost ALL family and lives alone. I then searched for the unit itself It was NOWHERE to be found! Theni decided to contact the company to see if I could get one OR more importantly -DID MASTERBUILT EVEN INCLUDE THEM as a feature as they had for so many years before. I wrote a polite email with my Email Address and MORE IMPORTANTLY - MY PHONE # NOBODY BOTHERED TO CALL.

Trying to get ANY kind of communication with them was impossible! I spent a lot of time using every search i could imagine. A wast of time! after one of the many dead end searched i finally found an Email -in TINY TINY almost hidden print, as if to say: You people are nuisance - don't bother us unless you buying something! i don't care how good ANY product is -IF there is NO basic HUMAN BEING support - who bother - find a company who ACTUALLY ares about their customers. My alternate choice was Char Broil. I don't know if there care any better than Masterbuilt - but i WANT to do business with a company that actually cares about their customers. Masterbuilt obviously DOES NOT! Oh - and BTW - Years ago I owned my own manufacturing company - and the golden rule was --- Treat our customers with at least basic respect. it is THEY who put bread and butter on our table! Good luck with your ignore the customer attitude - i will take my business some where it is APPRECIATED - or is that too old school for you?

• Haha
Reactions: negolien
Hey Joe have you tried contacting them thru their website on customer support?
They were very quick to respond back and resolve my issue.

Keith

Welcome to the forum from Tennessee and thank you for your service. Alot of vets here including myself. Bearcarver Bearcarver used to do some testing for masterbuilt. Maybe he can help you figure out the units that may or may not have a remote

Welcome from Iowa! Hope someone can get you pointed in the right direction!

Ryan

Welcome Sir and Thank You For Your Service!

Mods, why was TNJAKE TNJAKE earlier post removed? I seriously want to know why? He was defending a war veteran!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 912smoker
Welcome Sir and Thank You For Your Service!

Mods, why was TNJAKE TNJAKE earlier post removed? I seriously want to know why? He was defending a war veteran!?!?
I agree with Justin. Since when does a comment about giving a combat veteran some respect need to be deleted? Last I checked this isn't twitter or f book. The OP has a legitimate point in his post. It's sad some people don't have common courtesy and respect for anyone.

Ryan

First off, thanks for your service brother. I have actually have had good luck with support from Masterbuilt. Sorry to hear it's been a pain for you. Keep trying, I hope they will make it right
I agree! Have had good luck with their CS myself as well! Sadly due to covid shut downs and a lack of people that want to work I think they are like most companies...not near enough workers.

Ryan

I agree! Have had good luck with their CS myself as well! Sadly due to covid shut downs and a lack of people that want to work I think they are like most companies...not near enough workers.

Ryan
That's very likely true. Nobody wants to work anymore. It's a sad thing to see but if the people aren't there. We all get screwed. FJB 🇺🇸🇺🇸, hopefully the right will take it back soon.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Hey Joe have you tried contacting them thru their website on customer support?
They were very quick to respond back and resolve my issue.

Keith
Of course - Did you actually READ my post? I am (or at lest was) a business man - not a street idiot. They DO HAVE MY PH# and have never bothered to reply to ANY of my concerns - after SEVERAL ATTEMPTS

If you know your model# I'd give appliancefactoryparts.com a try. If your particular model is Bluetooth enabled you could use the MB app on a smartphone.

BTW - I have had my 30" with window for a long time. I t was stored outside but WELL under roof cover of rain etc. The door seal is good - the chrome racks are still good - heats up pretty fast and the digital part still is reliable - but there are a few areas where a bucks worth of SST would have made a substantial 'quality' difference in the long term life of reliability. #1 the smoke damper was rusted shut. With another few cents in production with an ounce of sst -it would work easily forever. #2 the door latch - actually good design -but once again- crap cheap materials it was frozen up. A couple of sst parts - and it would work easily forever. #3 The chip delivery device- very novel and useful - but once again make of cheap crap like a tin can so it gets hard to rotate ( rust on rust. Once again a few cents of SST and it would be smooth forever. The LED control in the back made it harder to read. I see where they have corrected that

I would rather pay 5 bucks more and have 5 more years of dependable service.

Poor engineering. Cars in the 50s when I grew up were made to last a LIFETIME. I believe we made the finest cars on Earth back then. Today - Not so much. New generations of youngsters have learned to believe that this "BUILT IN OBSOLESCENCE" was a normal factor. That would NEVER happen in my factory. We never sacrifice quality for cost and we still succeeded in being successful. Just my 2 cents from an old man who grew up with with 'old school' values

Of course - Did you actually READ my post? I am (or at lest was) a business man - not a street idiot. They DO HAVE MY PH# and have never bothered to reply to ANY of my concerns - after SEVERAL ATTEMPTS
Yes sir but I will admit that I was driving and trying to offer a quick response for help.
I , along with others here, have had a better experience using their customer support contact.
I certainly didn't mean to offend you and apologize if my text seemed that way.
I thank you for you service to our country and hopefully you can get a reply from MB and remedy your remote problem.

Keith

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Yes sir but I will admit that I was driving and trying to offer a quick response for help.
I , along with others here, have had a better experience using their customer support contact.
I certainly didn't mean to offend you and apologize if my text seemed that way.
I thank you for you service to our country and hopefully you can get a reply from MB and remedy your remote problem.

Keith
Keith thanks for trying to help. But what i REALLY want to know is if the remotes are no longer included with any of the 30"" models. On line at Amazon and Cabelas etc I don't see any remotes as standard accessories . Also what is best price you know of for the 2007 series with front mounted digital display and window.

Welcome to the forum from Tennessee and thank you for your service. Alot of vets here including myself. Bearcarver Bearcarver used to do some testing for masterbuilt. Maybe he can help you figure out the units that may or may not have a remote

W winchesterjoe and TNJAKE TNJAKE ,
Sorry I'm so late for this, but most of you know I have problems (health) getting things done, and the site not working properly for a number of months hasn't been helpful to me.
As for the Remote. The older MES units came with Remote controls that worked great.
Then when they started selling the units that you could hook up to your phone, your phone or whatever became your remote, so a Remote control no longer came with that MES unit.
I had a unit like that, and I didn't have a phone to use with it, so I had to make all of my setting & changes at the smoker, with the buttons on the top front of the Unit.

Bear

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky