Masterbuilt mes 340g not working at all, with new parts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just wanted to thank Tallbm. My MES 40 Gen 1 died at the end ( well almost the end ) of a long session cooking pork butts, noticed the temp kept falling though my PID was calling for heat. Opened it up and the insulation around the cover for the thermal safety switch was charred, and opened the box and the contacts had melted off. I had rewired it years ago with heavier gauge wire when I was setting up a PID and must have put the leads on loosely. BTW, I looked at a number of options for snap disks ( thermal cutoffs ), and found out, after I ordered a set, that they were NO ( normally open ) not NC, normally closed. Fortunately, I realize the error pretty quickly and another set was ordered and will be here by the time the wrong ones arrive. Also got the Supco connectors

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky