Masterbuilt MES 140S

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SteveAZ

Original poster
Jun 26, 2020
Hello,

My first post, but have read quite a bit. I'm looking for a fairly inexpensive smoker and I think the MES is the best first smoker option for me given my needs. There is a lot of info on here, but a lot of it seems to not match with the current Masterbuilt models on their website. I want a smoker I can mainly use for brisket, ribs, and butts. I would still like the option of fish and cheese, but would probably rarely use it for them. I plan to get the AMNPS. Wondering if this seems like a good model and price. Reviews seem all over the place.

Any input is appreciated.

Reactions: kruizer
I am biased and lean more toward a modern pellet smoker. You mention that you want to do brisket an the MES means you would likely have to cut the brisket up because of the length of the meat. As i said I am biased though

I have a MES40 and I can fit a full packer in there without cutting. It was my first smoker and I love it. Is it the best thing out there, probably not but puts out some mighty fine foods. I have hot smoked salmon in it a few times for the wife and shes been very happy with the outcome.

The 140 and an amnps would be a great start.

Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky