Masterbuilt gravity fed power brick

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ksmith9

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 8, 2020
Hey everyone,

I know there's a lot of gravity fed owners out there and I recently read about using a power brick to prevent having to be plugged in. I'm hoping people could post some bricks they have used and any power cord attachments please. I just want to make sure I'm getting the right equipment for power draw, length of battery, etc. Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone,

I know there's a lot of gravity fed owners out there and I recently read about using a power brick to prevent having to be plugged in. I'm hoping people could post some bricks they have used and any power cord attachments please. I just want to make sure I'm getting the right equipment for power draw, length of battery, etc. Thanks in advance.

There’s some great info in this thread. https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/new-chargriller-gravity-fed-grill.307088/page-4
Read postings #62 through #76, they should answer most of your questions. Good luck…

Thank you Alan, I knew there was a post about it but didn't know what to search

Reactions: RCAlan
Let us know how it works out. I considered the battery mod but I conveniently had an electrical circuit not too far from where I keep the 1050, so I opted to run some new conduit and put a GFCI outlet in right where I plug it in outside. So now I've got a circuit that is "master bath lights and smoker" hah.

Reactions: dow and 912smoker
I use a power brick and it easily lasts an all day brisket or pork butt cook

I use this power cell:
And this cable:
Works great. Never actually used the power cord in 20+ cooks

Reactions: RCAlan
Sorry don't know why those links are showing up. Something unique and special about this place I'm sure. Links work fine everywhere else

I use an older Ryobi construction site radio that runs the same 18 volt batteries as the drills and saws, it has a usb port on it and the battery lasts days.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky