Masterbuilt Electric Smoker Door Latch Pulled assembly pulled out

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pbmax4423

Original poster
Nov 23, 2022
I have an electric Masterbuilt smoker that the latch to keep the door closed has pulled completely off. The latch and the threads it was screwed into both came out as one piece. I have the latch and can unscrew it from the the threaded holes, but no idea how to reattach or replace the threaded holes that should still be attached to the smoker in order to receive the screws that hold the latch in place. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I have an electric Masterbuilt smoker that the latch to keep the door closed has pulled completely off. The latch and the threads it was screwed into both came out as one piece. I have the latch and can unscrew it from the the threaded holes, but no idea how to reattach or replace the threaded holes that should still be attached to the smoker in order to receive the screws that hold the latch in place. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Hi there and welcome!

I was going to suggest self tapping sheet metal screws just as normanaj normanaj did.

Get some that are longer but not long enough to punch through the inside of the smoker as well and you should be ok. Just don't be too rough with it as the sheet metal screws are only grabbing on to thin sheet metal and foam insulation.

Your other option is to just drill the holes all the way through to the inside of the smoker.
Get stainless steel machine screws and nuts and really fasten that sucker together, it wont go anywhere. Use high temp food safe silicon RTV to seal screw hole you make on the inside. You should be good to go that way and can be as rough as you want with it :)

Either option works, one is just a little more involved than the other and if the sheet metal screws fail u can still fall back on the stainless machine screws with nuts :)

Reactions: MJB05615
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky