Masterbuilt 560

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

swilson513

Original poster
Jan 25, 2021
App has recently stopped working. The app will read all settings but not change them. I have removed the app from my IPhone and re installed it, re booted modem\router unplugged grill for several hours nothing makes any difference. Any suggestions?

TIA

do u hit the reconnect button on the grill after opening any doors every time? Also the power settings on some phones puts the app to sleep or messes it up when something else pops up change that setting. Also gotta use a 2.4 hz wifi 5 won't connect.

Yes on hitting the connect button, using 2.4 ha. It’s like there is something locked on the controls panel keeping it from receiving the request. I can see everything on the app as expected. For example if I want to change the temp from 225 to 275 from the app I can go through the motions of making the change but I instantly get the message that the grill is up to temp and the setting was not changed.

I used the app when I first got mine but it kept dropping out and asking me to log in again and again so I gave up and quit trying.
Good news is that mine holds cook chamber temps exactly where I set it and does so all day.
I don't trust a single meat temp probe and don't poke holes in the meat anymore until right before I pull it anyway.
I just have to remember to check the fuel level every 5 or 6 hours, so who needs a stinking app?
One less thing to tinker with which is why I bought the 560 in the first place.

We got a foot of snow here, once I can get to the building I’m going to try a different phone to see if that makes any difference. My friend has a 1050 also and has had zero problems with his. Just my luck.

We got a foot of snow here, once I can get to the building I’m going to try a different phone to see if that makes any difference. My friend has a 1050 also and has had zero problems with his. Just my luck.

Same response (none) with a different phone. Is there anyway to force an update on the grill council?

Not sure but I hear there is an FB group that might be able to help. This is my only social media so no personal experience with that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky