Masterbuilt 30" BT smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Perfessor

Original poster
Jul 14, 2018
Hi all. I'm new to the forum as I just got mine 3 weeks ago. And apologies if this is not the right section for this question.

I have a question to any/all others with the same unit (model 20072215). The BT app seems to have issues. I can see the time left and the temp at the bottom, but it will not open to further control, the 'up arrow' on the left does not work, so I can not see what the meat probe is reading. Have to go to the smoker to find out the temp. Kind of defeats the purpose of the app. This is my third use of the unit and have had the app work right one time only. Anyone else having this issue? Any fix for it?

Hi all. I'm new to the forum as I just got mine 3 weeks ago. And apologies if this is not the right section for this question.

I have a question to any/all others with the same unit (model 20072215). The BT app seems to have issues. I can see the time left and the temp at the bottom, but it will not open to further control, the 'up arrow' on the left does not work, so I can not see what the meat probe is reading. Have to go to the smoker to find out the temp. Kind of defeats the purpose of the app. This is my third use of the unit and have had the app work right one time only. Anyone else having this issue? Any fix for it?

Good day! Sorry for the late response, just recently joined.

The fact that you can connect at all is a miracle. So, you might try the updated app. It came out on Oct. 2nd. I believe. Most people have had connectivity problems, as do I, so maybe that would be a fix for you...
...Atoparok

I have the same model. The Bluetooth problems are widely known. Honestly I'm surprised Masterbuilt can't or won't figure out a solution. Regardless, your best bet would be to not use Bluetooth and just get a third party wireless temp probe which will be more accurate and have better functions anyway. I'd recommend the ThermoPro TP-20 (there's a discount code for ThermoPro on this website) or a Maverick thermometer.

The two biggest investments you can make for a MES:

1.Dual probe therm,one for meat temp and one for chamber temp.Thermopro is a good buy.

2. An A-MAZE-N pellet smoker,tray or tube.This will eliminate constantly having to fill the chip loader.
http://www.amazenproducts.com/

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky