Masterbuild Mes 130b mailbox mod done this morning

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

miamited

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
Miami, FL.
Three homemade l brackets to hold soup can in side of box. Used the three screws in the side and 3 self taping metal screws to the can. flex tube taped to the can. 3" hole in the back of the mail box with one adjustable 3" fitting taped into hole in back of mailbox, pressure fit and it holds with no leaking. Flex duct taped to other end of fitting. Fitting and connections taped with aluminum AC duct tape. No mods made to the smoker. Thus warranty not voided.

DSCF1591.JPG DSCF1592.JPG DSCF1593.JPG DSCF1594.JPG DSCF1595.JPG DSCF1601.JPG DSCF1604.JPG

Last edited:
I like my "Mailbox Mod" for so many reasons.
Clean, cool smoke. You can tend to or change the smoke without opening the smoker at all (maintaining the smokers temperature and smoke). And the smoke is always filtered because the creosote condenses out.
Now, try some dust made from your pellets in your AMNPS.
It's true, Dave got me started with dust. Once you go dust, you never go back. :emoji_thinking:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky