Masterbilt Brisket

Discussion in 'Beef' started by lowrider34, Mar 27, 2016.

1. lowrider34

lowrider34 Newbie

This is my 1st Brisket this year and only my 3rd overall. Any comments are welcome. I am doing a 13.21 lb( don't remember the grade but I did buy it at a restaurant supply house).I trimmed it and put a rub of Kosher salt and freshly ground peppercorns. I put it in the fridge for about 2 1/2-3 hrs. I took it out of the fridge and let it get to room temp. I got the smoker( Masterbilt 30) going. I initially set it for 225 but read in too many posts to go to 250 for the 1st couple of hours. I put on the hickory chips every 45-60 minutes, I must have put in chips 5-6 times maybe more. I used chips I soaked along with dry and got a nice smoke going. Keeping the vent fully opened. I put it in at 7:45 pm. Now it is Easter morning at around 9:30 (Up all night doing my Easter Bunny duties) and it is reading 189. I open it for the 1st time and spray it down with apple juice and put it back in, then to 188. I pull it out at 190,wrap it in foil, then wrapped in my grandsons Ninja Turtle bath towel, and finally in the cooler and that is where it will sit for 2- 1/2 hours.

The finished product

It came out very juicy with a good solid smoke line about 1/8". The point and the section of flat under it were just amazing. Couldn't upload pics of burnt ends for some reason.

2. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Nice job!!

Great looking bark!

Al

3. lowrider34

lowrider34 Newbie

Thanks Al. The one thing I need to work on is my slicing. I slice it on the bias but when  get to the end of the flat it just falls apart. it works great because I end up with slices, pulled beef and burnt ends, BTW, were just amazing. Like they say, beef candy.

4. one eyed jack

one eyed jack Master of the Pit

Great looking finished pic Lowrider.  Sounds like a successful brisket smoke to me.  [​IMG]

5. jp61

jp61 Master of the Pit ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Nice job!

Sure does look good from here!

Enjoy!