Maryland - Love smoked foods..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jaynik

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 22, 2006
Arnold, MD
Just wanted to say hey. My name's Jay. I'm from MD and am new to smoking with a bonafide smoker. My wife and my mother got me the brinkmann vertical charcoal smoker for Christmas because I always try to smoke ribs on my gas grill. So far, smoking meat is more complex than I expected, but the successes make up for the less successful....

When I'm not smoking meat, I love fishing, boating and hockey. Most of which I can do with my family....

Jaynik,

Welcome aboard, I lived in the MD burbs of DC for several years. There was nothing I loved more that getting away to OC on the weekends, eating crabs and drinking some beer. Speaking of crabs I'm cerious have you tried to smoke any blue crabs yet? I've got a friend still out in Baltimore and through out the year I send him Salmon and he sends me good old blue crabs. I was thinking about smoking the next bunch of soft shells he sends. If you got a recipe or exprience please post a topic in the "non-fish seafood" index here on the forum.

Welcome aboard jaynik!

This is a fine place to learn all about damn near any type of Que that you can think of and to just have a good time!

ranger72 :)

Jay,

Thanks for taking the time to tell us a little bit about you! (and your profile). Eventually you'll get bored with that ECB, and want to upgrade...you'll be surprised how much your 'Q skills will improve! With the correct Mods, that ECB can still turn out some good vittles!

BTW, my Wife is originally from the Chesapeake area!

Jeff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome aboard Jay!

Wish you the best in learning a great past time of smoking meat or what ever your heart desires.

Good Luck on your venture of smoking meat.

Randy

Hey, Jay! Welcome to the best site on the net. Lots of good tips to be had here. Like Jeff said, with the right mods, the ECB can put out some good grub. My first smoker was an ECB, I've moved on to the GOSM Big Block and am currently working on plans for an off-set unit.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky