"Mark forums read"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dale5351

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Columbia, MD
I've noticed that updates are being made.

I've also noticed that when I am going through the "All new posts", I cannot find a button to "mark forums read" anymore.  I can get it if I go back to forum view, but liked it better back when it appeared on the panels when reading all new posts.

cool.gif

My screen turns a blueish over the thread if I have commented on the thread already.

True --- but after I have scanned the unread threads, I want to mark all forums as having been read.  That used to be a button present while reading new posts -- but seems no longer to be there, even though it is elsewhere.

I have the same problem now.  there is a mark all forums read but you have to go back to the main page not at the top of every page like it used to be, so it is a bit of a pain to use now.

Steve

Click on the ^Forum^ button at some point and the "Mark forum read " button will appear.Hey if I can figure it out.......
PDT_Armataz_01_03.gif

Click on the ^Forum^ button at some point and the "Mark forum read " button will appear.Hey if I can figure it out.......
PDT_Armataz_01_03.gif
yup, we all said that.  it used to be on the top of every page so when you hit the last new post you can just hit it.  now you have to go back to the bigning.. not hard to figure out at all, just less conveniant.

Steve

I just noticed that the "mark forums read" button has come back on the pages where I am reading all new posts.

Nice change, thanks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky