Marianski sweet Italian .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Beautiful looking links
Thanks Ray . I agree . I've found some pre mixes that I like and use . I did 4 pounds of hot breakfast sausage out of the other half of this . It's a pre mix from Owens .
I know your sausage threads always look and sound top shelf .

Good looking sausage, good looking meal!
Al
Thank you Al .

Reactions: sawhorseray
Looks really nice, chop... By whatever reason I never made fresh Italian sausage in spite I feel I want to try them.... I guess it's time now... You just inspired me !
Thanks bud . All kinds of different sausages from Italy . Remember , it doesn't have to have fennel to be Italian .

Looks awesome. Where do you get your casing?
Thank you sir . I get mine from the sausage maker . Those are 28 to 32's .
Stored wet . Always ready to go .

The books basically match the website . All kinds of good info . Sent you a PM .

Reactions: SmokyMose
Nice looking links. And I like the patties also.
I noticed your stuffer has condensation on it, is it from the cold meat and or do you also
put your tools / stuffer the fridge to chill everything also. Just wondering. About to try to
make some now that my 6pound stuffer just showed up

David

Reactions: chopsaw
Nice looking links.
Thanks David .

I noticed your stuffer has condensation on it, is it from the cold meat and or do you also
put your tools / stuffer the fridge to chill
I don't put the stuff in the fridge . I know some do . If I'm doing different types and I have some time in between I will . I have a fridge that I use for stuff like this . I keep it at 36 degrees .
That condensation comes from having the meat at a good starting temp . I get the same thing on my grinder .
Sometimes I like to season the meat before I grind . If it's at the sell by date and I don't have time to grind , I like to get the salt on it so I can hold it overnight after I open it up .
Here's an example of overnight before grinding , and after .
20200907_095400.jpg
20200907_095914.jpg

Great-looking sausage, I love anise and fennel heavy sausage.
I take a bagette split it down the middle and add spinach or broccoli rabe cooked in evoo with slivered garlic. Then take some good quality Romano cheese and a little of your tomato sauce and slather it over the sausage on the split rolls, its killer eats, perfect for leftovers.

Looks great Chop!! Would have been a good Throwdown entry.
Thanks Jeff . I threw down with a knife and fork !

Great-looking sausage, I love anise and fennel heavy sausage.
Thanks . Yeah me too . The anise really adds to it .

spinach or broccoli rabe cooked in evoo with slivered garlic.
I just did the spinach and garlic on a pork sandwich . Good idea for using it on sausage . I'll be doing that .

Reactions: forktender
Man! These look great!
Thanks for the comment Steve . I've been buying the double packs of butts from GFS . This was a single Smithfields . Way better quality than the double packs .
I said above I made breakfast sausage out of the other half . Made a couple sandwiches this morning . Got a " that's really good " from the daughter .

The sausage looks good. I like my Italian Sausage on a Steak Roll, just Fried Peppers and Onions. This was how it was served on the Boardwalk on the Jersey Shore. But your Tomato Sauce Bath is how Dad liked it. Tomato Sauce and lots of melted Mozzarella is a Favorite as well...JJ

The sausage looks good.
Thanks .

I like my Italian Sausage on a Steak Roll, just Fried Peppers and Onions.
Yeah , we eat it all kinds of ways . Pan fried or grilled with butter and garlic pasta is the most common around here .
Another favorite is baked with peppers , onions and potatoes .

Oh yeah! Baked with P,O&P is a family fav...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky