Maple smoked ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

AllenRR

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 12, 2018
Eagle, ID
So, to those BBQ guys.. I have beautiful Fricks bone-in ham. I want to smoke it so bad. What say you experts? I have maple wood and real maple syrup from Canada. ????

Reactions: JLeonard
Holy crap that syrup was expensive. I need some maple trees bigtime. I digress. Fill my head with your awesome knowledge please. Thank you in advance

If nobody is onboard, I will do this myself. There could be stories, and blame. Blame and fault are not equivalent, so it will be stories. LOL Looking forward to it. I will pass it along. I'm thinking it will be great. We will see.

Good luck, you started to late to get a response from most of us old folks, good luck take pictures we love them lol

Reactions: TNJAKE and JLeonard
I have done Bearcarvers method several times and it is great. Did one yesterday. I only use brown sugar and maple syrup.
HAM FINISHED.jpg

Thanks for pointing me to Bearcarvers method. I modified for my "schedule," and what I had on hand. Put in smoker at 225 for 4 hours and then finished it in an oven bag. After I de-boned it, I have the chunks soaking in the juices. Should have taken pictures, but was both tired and impaired by the time I got done. Would have got an SUI (smoking under the influence) LOL. Nothing a nap and then a pot of coffee wouldn't fix. Thanks again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky