Maple Gochujang Rotisserie Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr_whipple

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 3, 2021
Virginia
Those gochujang rib chops civilsmoker civilsmoker posted prompted me to do this. I can't take credit for the idea as I found the recipe online a while back. Either way it turned out pretty darn tasty. Besides the 1 billion pounds of pollen in the air it was a gorgeous day for putting some ribs on the spinner.

So... off we go. about a 4 lb rack of smithfield extra meaty baby backs.

20230325_154600.jpg

Horsey sauce binder and some sugar free rub.

20230325_155227.jpg

Cowboy briquets and some cherry chunks

20230325_160223.jpg

While those are spinning time to make the glaze / sauce.
  • 2 oz Buffalo Trace Bourbon
  • 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
  • 2.5 tbsp Maple Syrup
  • 2 tbsp Gochujang Paste
  • 2 tbsp Ketchup
  • 1 tsp White Vinegar
  • ½ tsp Worcestershire

20230325_172442.jpg

Glazed and ready to come off the spit. Man does this smell good.

20230325_180355.jpg

They look very bent out of shape, but they'll get over that.

20230325_181442.jpg

And here is the plate shot. I ate them right off the board while cleaning up the kitchen.

20230325_181846.jpg

I thought about posting some video of them on the spinner but I'm too lazy to try. Thanks for looking.

Nice job on the ribs, and I'll take pollen over the freezing rain we got yesterday.

Point for sure
Chris

Nice lookin rack of ribs. How did the sauce turn out?
Killer. I'll be making that again. I could see it on some chicken in the very near future.

Looks good to me. I have the chili paste that I had bought for another recipe and was also wondering how it turned out.

1 billion, that's all? 🤣 It's been really bad here, too...
And the best is yet to come. Everything here turns yellow for what seems like months. It almost looks like smog some days it gets so bad.

Nice looking ribs! And glad I could inspire some spinning action! That sauce looks like a keeper and you can take credit for finding it, using it, and sharing it!!!!!

Reactions: mr_whipple
That's a tasty lookin' rack of ribs for sure...nicely done! :emoji_thumbsup:

I fell your pain on the pollen! It's already terrible here, and will only get worse as Spring progresses...

Red

Reactions: mr_whipple
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky