Maple Bourbon Ham w/Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
I mostly followed John3198's recipe for the Maple Bourbon ham. I didn't have any Bourbon, so I used Capt. Morgans. I also didn't use the mop sauce. At 2 hours I just poured some maple syrup over the ham. I also only smoked it for 4 hours at 215-225. It came out quite well. Juicy, tender, with a nice smoke flavor. I also did a fattie, but will post that in the fattie section. Here's how she looked just out of the smoker.

e7318171_1-12-10ham1.jpg

I smoke & Judy slices. What a team, Huh!   
icon_lol.gif

b6c31e0f_1-12-10ham2.jpg

We bagged up most of the ham in foodsaver bags for freezing, but left out a plate full for sammies the next couple of days.

71d8f629_1-12-10ham3.jpg

Thank you all for looking. Hope you enjoyed it! Here's the link to the fattie: 

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/fo...-provolone-spinach-fattie-w-qview#post_583403

Last edited:
That is one fine looking ham Al...  I like the Capt. Morgan idea instead of Bourbon...

Great job Al !

Judy obviously doesn't want any of your fingers mixed in with her sammie meat!

Bear

It was pre-cooked, but not smoked. So I didn't have to worry about internal meat temp. I just added smoke flavor to it.
Was this a totally raw ham that you brined and everything or was it a precooked/smoked ham that you would buy at the store and heat up?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky