Maple and Cherry score!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zippy12

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 6, 2017
Virginia Beach, VA
scored a load of silver leaf maple that is green. Then took the branches to the dump for the guy. While in the yard waste unloading the guy next to me was unloading cherry!!!

I loaded the cherry up and took that back home... I am going to the dump for smoker wood from now on. I saw tons of oak and maple logs!!!
20211016_095007.jpg

That's Awesome zippy! I usually stock up when a hurricane hits. But I had so much on hand that I did not need any more when Ida hit 6 weeks ago. Wish I could source some maple though.

I scored a wild black cherry tree about a 12" diameter base 2 years or so ago. Storm had knocked the tree over a trail at the deer camp. I cut it up into logs and took it home. Been using it quite a lot and love it. Don't know about the Yoshino Cherry Tree, but some species of cherry trees can have a high concentration of Hydrogen Cyanide in the bark.

Reactions: zippy12
NICE Zip!
Never even thought to do that.
I don’t have anywhere to dry it though, so I just keep a small stash.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky