Man, I love brewing beer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well, I'm glad to see some homebrewers here.  I haven't got into it too much, but I've helped a neighbor and done one or two on my own/with his and my brothers help.  Heck, I have a couple of Cream Ales sitting in the fridge as we speak, but nothing fermenting.  I just need to get a turkey fryer/boil pot and get into it.  I've been around it the last two years, it's a lot of fun and you can be very creative!  Most of it turns out great, actually, I haven't really had anything bad that was brewed yet by this neighbor!

I used to brew beer. I put mine up in those green bottles with the bale on top...Think that I still have some of those somewhere..Have a little wine going on now some of it is 4 years old I guess that I need to bottle it. Its not sitting on any yeast to mount to anything and the airlocks have been keep up.

c0659e60_02200116591.jpg

Another home brewer here.

Got 3 frig's, do full mash's, to many carboyz to count and this year I may surpass the number of days smoking meat with brewing beer.

I love the thought of brewing my own beer.  And it is on my bucket list.  I just started curing meats at the beginning of 2011 and that is working out well.  I can't wait to sit down and have a nice home brew with some home cured meat.  Heck, maybe even some home made cheese?

A guy down the street from me brews his own beer. I give him a little BBQ, he gives me a little beer!

I brew as well.  I do the occassional beer, but mostly I brew Hard ciders and Mead (honey wine)...I have a fridge in my garage, where I have two perlick faucets tapped into 2 corny kegs inside....I love brewing almost as much as I love smoking food.  Lots and lots of fun.

Dan

Been brewing for about 10 years now.  That's about 10 x longer than I've been smoking meats.  Haha.  Good to see others enjoy the hobby as well.

My husband and I started brewing our own craft beer in 2011, and that was when I didn't like beer! Now I love me some craft beer! We've cashed in our life savings and are opening a Brew on Premise establishment in NC.  More details to come!  Website to come soon too!  Happy home brewing, meat smoking, and all that fun stuff!! :) 

I have never tried my hand at brewing. However I got a buddy that makes a killer spiced beer, very smooth and flavorful. I have asked him for his recipe so I could post it here for y'all but he will not give it up. Told me when he gets it perfected and sold to a company he will. I think it's darn good now, however his last batch was better yet. I love being able to be the taste tester.

Last edited:
Grolsch beer bottles.  I used to use those back in the day until I found out bottle capping was easier.  I got real lazy when they started selling good quality small brewery stuff in the store.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky