Man cave!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
After years and years of wanting my own little space. I'm finally heading in the right direction..
View attachment 696975
12x24. And man! It was a tight fit getting between the garage and tree. Only a couple a couple of inches to spare!
Just need to do a bit of landscaping. And get this bad boy wired!
I'd fill my pool with gravel and concrete to fit that behind my house!

Is there roof framing in there Steve , or is it support truss @ 3 or 4 foot with purlins / furring strips ?

Trusses. Not sure of the spacing. And furring strips. Modified trusses at dormer.

Reactions: chopsaw
Is there roof framing in there Steve , or is it support truss @ 3 or 4 foot with purlins / furring strips ?
I take that back. I was thinking about another shed I looked at. This has trusses 24" on center. No furring strips.
IMG_20240522_164158913 (1).jpg

IMG_20240522_164223958.jpg

I take that back.
Score !! Damn that's well built , and offers some options for a finished ceiling .
I like the coffered gable ends , and the offset rise in the center . Ceilings make a space .
That's an awesome setup .

Reactions: Steve H
Score !! Damn that's well built , and offers some options for a finished ceiling .
I like the coffered gable ends , and the offset rise in the center . Ceilings make a space .
That's an awesome setup .
Thanks! What do you think I should use for the ceiling? Moisture resistance sheet rock. Or maybe 1/4"plywood glued and nailed?

Thanks! What do you think I should use for the ceiling? Moisture resistance sheet rock. Or maybe 1/4"plywood glued and nailed?
No on the moisture board . It's not spec'd for ceilings .
1/2 inch regular drywall ( not lightweight ) will span 24" o.c. on ceilings if installed across the framing , without glue . However glueing never hurts . Also increases the structural value of the unit .

Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky