Making the most of a burn

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

newarcher

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 6, 2013
I'm trying to coordinate recipes and meals that I can prepare to take advantage of my smoker's burn.  I hate to heat that beast up only to cook a single meal.

Lately I have been making salmon once a week and while it was cooling down with the lid open, I have been grilling/lightly smoking some bacon for the kids.

I'd like to have some procedural ideas as to meals that I can prepare together using different (or the same) heat cycles on the grill.

I'm getting my grill set up and then will do some ribs and plan to do a full chicken Thursday.  I just wanted to combine planning to get maybe two or three meals cooked at a time.

Thanks all!

Daves suggestion of a Chuck Roast is a good one. You can add a similar sized Pork Butt and have Pulled Pork for a variety of meals. Other Beef cuts that can be smoked to Med/Rare, IT of 130*F, is a fairly quick smoke as well and makes great sandwiches. Turkey Breasts will go about the Same time as a Roaster Chicken and are great smoked...JJ

I usually fill mine up with potato's, meatloaf and an eye round for roast beef sandwiches. All cheap quick smokes.

chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky