Making some sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Never had it that way but am interested. Would you mind giving your recipe?

I dont have it. When we used to butcher , my great aunt made the mix. When she died the recipe did too. I know We boiled off bones, and the organs. The meat that come off the bones and the hearts, livers , kidneys we ground up after cooking.. Added then added back in the broth when the dry ingredients were add. I know salt, pepper, buckwheat flour and corn meal. Thats it. Nothin fancy. We made a big kettle full every year.

Last edited:
Reactions: couger78
This is for a kettle full of bones with water cooked off. We usually get 8-10 gallons broth. Then mix broth with mix an cook simmering for a hour. Stirring constantly.
View attachment 429977

Thanks Buzzy ours has meat and sage in it. Was made in 50 gal CI pot on open wood fire. We boiled the heads and other bones after trimming for the meat.

Warren

Thanks Buzzy ours has meat and sage in it. Was made in 50 gal CI pot on open wood fire. We boiled the heads and other bones after trimming for the meat.
Warren

WOW! 50 gal kettle. Only ever saw one of those and I think it might have even been bigger than that. Had to use tractor to move it. It was probably 4’ across & 2.5’ deep.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky