Making some sausage - Krakowska, Linguica, Extra Hot Italian & Italian Face Melters

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by smoking b, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Thanks! & smooth is exactly what popped in my mind when I tried it out  [​IMG]
    Yes I used Shannon's recipe & it is a good one!  [​IMG]   Thanks Shannon! 

I will keep my eyes open for that [​IMG]

2. I am cold smoking it. I was really pleased with how it turned out before so I am doing it the same way. Just in time too - I only have one little piece left!

3. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great! The fact that I really like Linguica, and that you can cold smoke it is why it's going to be my first try at sausage! Maybe I'll bring back some banana leafs with me from my vacation and do a real traditional smoke on the Linguica!

4. Thanks Woodcutter! I am enjoying the Krakowska & gonna have a Face Melter or 2 later  [​IMG]

5. nepas

nepas Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I sure would like to bite into some those sausages.

[​IMG]

6. I gave the Linguica a nice 10 hour cold smoke.

Here it is after the smoke.

Closer view - the flash made it look much lighter than it is.

It smells great & I can't wait to try it tomorrow!  [​IMG]

paulharding likes this.
  7. dirtsailor2003

So you sent some over night to Central Oregon right??  Cause you can't just claim it's good without an unbiased in-house judging panel [​IMG]

8. After careful consideration & much deliberation I have come to the conclusion that it would be unwise to send some to you. Due to the weekend there is a good chance it would not arrive at your place till Monday. Upon arrival I would bet that you would try some & then the trouble would begin. Once you tried it all plans you previously had would vanish & instead of going on vacation you would instead spend that time feverishly making Linguica! This of course would create high levels of stress & turmoil with the rest of the family & I simply do not want to be responsible for creating this kind of chaos  [​IMG]

9. 1beezer

1beezer Smoke Blower

Ok, so your life consists of going to the meat dept., preparing and smoking various sausages, and a little work in the wood shop to get by and buy more meat. Life is good :D

10. Little more to it than that but you're on the right track  [​IMG]    [​IMG]

11. 1beezer

1beezer Smoke Blower

Good boy!!!

12. dirtsailor2003

Well how were the face melters [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] ????

13. driedstick

driedstick Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Those look very good.

14. They were very good! I cook them nice & slow to really bring out the heat. Great flavor, nice burn & the heat stays with you for a while  [​IMG]

Yummm!!!

You have to click on the picture to really see - for some reason it looks dry here  [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
    joshpiper likes this.
  15. dirtsailor2003

Smokin!!!!

[​IMG]

16. shannon127

shannon127 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Love the texture!

17. Yup pretty good if you like heat - you should make some  [​IMG]
    Thanks Shannon! I am really pleased with the way it turned out  [​IMG]

18. roller

roller Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

You did a very nice job on those sausages...

19. Thank you! 
    Thanks Roller!

20. centex99

centex99 Fire Starter

What was the basic hot recipe you based your italian sausage on?