Making cured sausage without smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jason hansen

Original poster
Mar 16, 2016
My mother wants me to make kielbasa sausage for her. I know she doesn't like the taste of smoked foods, is there a way to slowcook/cook the sausage without smoking it?

Why run cure in it if not smoking? 1 less step/cost.

My mother wants me to make kielbasa sausage for her. I know she doesn't like the taste of smoked foods, is there a way to slowcook/cook the sausage without smoking it?
as stated above....its just like any other piece of meat there a dozen ways to cook it, choose the one that most convenient for you and your set up, biggest thing is dont run it past 160 F internal or it will start to dry out.

Reactions: indaswamp
Without cure would be considered " White sausage , or White Polish "
Different taste , texture and appearance .
I make a batch , with cure , and smoke half , and leave some bun length links to grill .
Makes a great grilling sausage . You can also do as stated above . I just did some pepperoni in my MES 30 with no smoke .
This is grilled links that have cure in them .
20210223_180227.jpg
20210224_122345.jpg
I've also done them in my Pellet grill . 180 / 200 for 2 hours to hit 152 IT .
Just watch your internal temp when cooking above 165 .

Agree, no need to smoke but it won't be kielbasa. FYI The key to getting people who don't like smoked food to eat smoked food is to let it rest a week or so. You give them something in a ziplock a day or 2 off the smoker and it's STRONG and stinks up their fridge etc. which is what they hate (but we love LOL). After a week the stuff mellows A LOT and marries with the meat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky