Making a wind block

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

yamalube

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 16, 2019
Fernandina Beach Florida
So I bought a sheet of plywood today. I need to make a wind block for this MB 40xl. I want to do it right. Only three sides. My smoker dimensions are as follows.

Height 43.5"
Depth from back to front of legs are 21.5"
Length from side handle to side handle is 28"

My thoughts are even cuts, 32-32-32.....
But I have to factor in the tank and line. I guess that will go in the front.
Have to think about opening and closing of the doors, will 32 inches depth be a problem?
Should I make the sides shorter in depth and make the back panel longer in length?

Any help please would be great. I know I am overthinking this, but maybe someone has made one and has the perfect dimensions.

Reactions: JLeonard
yamalube yamalube , I have the MB 30" unit and just last week welded in skirts to block the wind. If you dont have access to a welder you can still acheive similar results with sheet metal screws. The mod was a huge success this weekend and with 10-15mph winds I had no issues.

PXL_20210123_152925544.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20210123_152931430.jpg
    PXL_20210123_152931430.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 20
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky