Making a comeback LOL!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tbrtt1

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
It is hard to believe that it has been ~3 years since I posted anything on this forum. I suffer from multiple hobby syndrome and this job stuff gets in the way. I can only juggle a couple hobbies at once.

While I have certainly not abandoned Smoking Meat and eating it, I haven't had many weekend days to do a smoke like this. This was actually from 2 weekends ago. Been meaning to throw it up here to show I am still alive and smokin'.

Got a small ugly butt, some Dino ribs and a turkey breast, which I don't think I have ever done.

Ugly butt with rub:
IMG_0414.jpeg

Dino ribs rubbed
IMG_0411.jpeg

Turkey breast rubbed and injected
IMG_0416.jpeg

Everything when on the ole heavily modified Traeger with hickory and oak pellets mixed.
IMG_0417.jpeg

Not too long after that photo of the ribs on the pit, I wrapped in butcher paper for a bit.
IMG_0418.jpeg

Shot of the butt with a little pulled for a taste test. Looks a little dry in the photo, but it wasn't actually.
IMG_0419.jpeg

Now this here turkey breast dang near stole the show. Not sure why I haven't been doing these.
IMG_0420.jpeg

I had 2 racks of Dinos and as you can tell I got a couple of shiners on one of the racks.
IMG_0421.jpeg

They still had plenty of meat on em.
IMG_0423.jpeg

I'm telling' ya, the bird breast was outstanding. I was really surprised. I will experiment with some other injections, but this one was pretty good. Injecting does leave the streak marks, but who cares.
IMG_0424.jpeg

Shot of the full meal, in my typical fine china (those that have seen my posts from years ago may recall that I posted all my Q on paper plates and bowls.

Some pinto beans charro style (of course with rice...I am a South Louisiana native, so rice is a must!) and some slaw.
IMG_0426.jpeg

I take slight shame in admitting this, but I ate EVERY bit of that.

Regards,
tbrtt1 (Tommy)

P.S. Apologies if the pics came out too big, or not nice and neat. I have peeked in on the site now and again, but have not posted in quite a while. I will have to review how to post pics again. Looks like it has changed.

Attachments

• IMG_0421.jpeg
    IMG_0421.jpeg
    260.7 KB · Views: 7
Glad your back and that's some good looking stuff

All of that looks great! I got plans to do some turkey breast soon. Love a good smoked turkey breast!
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky