"Mailbox" mod question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DrewJ

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 17, 2017
Minneapolis, MN
Hey All!

I have been wanting to add a mailbox type of device to my MES 30 for a while now. I have had a few ideas from building my own out of wood to hacking up a perfectly good tool box I have that doesn't see much use. Today at work I came across an old cash box that might just do the trick. My concern is size. I am wondering if it's too small. I have the 5x7 AMNPS tray and it will fit in the box with some room but not a ton of extra air space. Here are the dimensions:
10" x 7" on the top and 4.5" deep. Here are some pics of the box. I'd be removing all the plastic bits, tape and stickers.
20181026_081754.jpg

20181026_081805.jpg

What do you guys think? If this seems like a bad idea I'm perfectly happy to try something else but I figured it was worth asking.

Thanks for any feedback!
-drew-

Reactions: Walchit
Why not? Might need an extra air hole or two but as long as the tray fits I don't see why it wouldn't work. Once the mailbox gets heated up there's very little smoke in the box as its all drafting up the hose to the smoker so a smaller container might be a better deal anyway.

Reactions: Walchit
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky