Maiden Voyage with my new Lang 84

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks awesome
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
note to self no more hand hold cuts on smoking pigs
biggrin.gif

That looks absolutly awesome! I'm drooling over that pig dreaming of someday!!!! Thanks for all the great info & pics!

Any level. Just click on the little "scales" icon in the top right corner of the post you wanna give points to, and a box comes up for a comment to add to th person as well.

All I have left to post after this are the pics from the party I "catered". I say "catered" because all I did was provide the meat. Didn't even have to bring my own beer, and he gave me $20 more than I charged him! The party pics should be up tomorrow night, I didn't bring a camera but a friend there took pics of everything for me.

This is the brisket I kept for me

The same all sliced up with the onions. Love that distinct smoke ring that a brisket gives!

This is all 4 pulled butts that I'm selling to my office mates - Got EXACTLY, and I mean to the ounce, 18 lbs of prepared from 32.3 lbs of raw for a yield of 55.7%

Closeup of the PP

Thanks again to all who viewed and enjoyed my maiden voyage! I don't anticipate anything of this scale again till October (Jerry?). The Lang really was almost a set-it-and-forget-it rig. If it wasn't for opening up to spritz, this letting the heat out, I think I could have gone a good three hours at times without touching the firebox or dampers.

Damn that looks like serious good eats! I may just have to go and get me a Lang for myself! All that meat looks drooling, mouth watering, finger licking awesome!

Well, time to bring this post to a close. Here's the final pics I have to post from the party.

The pulled pork, brisket and chicken ready to serve

And the hit of this party and the poker gang (no pics of that one, but wasn't nuthin but a pile of bones left!)

Thanks again for the great comments and the ridiculous pile of points everyone threw at me!

great looking grub job well done I wish you could come and cook for me
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

If that big W means Wisconsin, I'm afraid you're gonna have to come to me to get my Q. Both my ex-wives are from Wisconsin, and I'll never go there again!

Chit.....an 8 page post and I missed every bit of it.
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

Great job and congrats on getting that maiden voyage done in grand fashion.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky