Made Some Teriyaki Snack Sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ademily87

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 20, 2016
Went with a 70/30 pork to beef ratio because I had more pork than beef at hand. I normally do 80/20 beef to pork. No added fat. Ground up pork butt and chuck roast. Ran twice through a 3/16" grinding plate. Used a Hi-Mountain Mandarin Teriyaki snack stick seasoning kit with cure and 1 ounce of water per pound. Mixed by hand until tacky and stuffed in 17mm collagen casings. Refrigerated overnight, then smoked the next day using cherry pellets. Started at 120 degrees F and eventually worked up to 180 degrees. Pulled at 153-155 degrees internal temp and put in ice water bath for about 10-15 minutes. Put in brown paper bag in fridge over night, and sliced up today.

20210311_124026.jpg
IMG_20210309_224432.jpg

Looking good. I'm sure they taste great also. Seems your partner in the background was hoping you'd drop a link or two on the floor......... : )

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky