Made some dust

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

GaryHibbert

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dust

Friends of mine, who know I’m an ardent smoker, were kind enough to gift me some smoking wood for Christmas. Unfortunately, they know absolutely nothing about smokers. So for my MES 30/AMNPS they gave me some Bradley Bisquettes.

Well, I have wanted to try making some dust for the AMNPS, and now I had the perfect opportunity.

Since I hadn’t tried this before, I had no idea how wet the bisquettes would have to be. So I just held each one individually under running hot water and let the water soak in. This worked almost perfectly—I only had to add more water to 4 pucks. Then it was just a matter of disassembling the preformed wood pucks.

I laid everything out on 2 parchment covered baking pans and then it was into a 250 degree oven (with the oven door cracked open for ventilation.

Dust.jpg

When the wood was thoroughly dried, I packed it away into 2 BBQer’s Delight Pellet bags. I like those bags as they’re heavy plastic and have a heavy duty seal at the top.

While the dust was drying, the smell coming out of the oven was fantastic. I really can’t wait to give this “dust” a try.

Now, what to smoke?

The wood is Bradley Whiskey/Oak. Anybody familiar with this wood?? What meat would you recommend I try it out on??

Gary

I've used other Whiskey flavored chips, though not the Bradley variety specifically. Goes amazingly well with chicken thighs. I then like to dip in some of my bourbon bbq sauce (link in my signature.) Thanks! Now you've gone and made me hungry :D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky