LUMP CHARCOAL VS BRIQUETTS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
How about just use all wood? That’s what I do. Oak wood burns really hot if you need more heat. I never had any kind of charcoal or briquettes in my smoker. I even start it with woodView attachment 385680View attachment 385681
I have done that many times on my 1,000 pound BIG BERTHA. I have also burned a bunch of wood, Hickory, Oak or Pecan then throw a sack of briquettes on top. I use mostly wood in Big Bertha as it takes a bunch to get her heated up to right temp and wood does that nicely. Once up to temp, she will roll for many hours without adding additional wood. With my smaller Bayou Classic, top left corner, I start with a little wood then add the briquettes. Was curious about lump. Take care.
MEAT!.JPG

Attachments

• NEW PAINT ON BB.JPG
    NEW PAINT ON BB.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky