Lox & Breakfast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Up early this morning to get some lox on the SQ36 for a 4-hour cold smoke with the A-MAZE-N tube, apple pellets. I set the tube in my firebox and the salmon in the cooking chamber of my offset, stays cool as a cucumber. I got the tube lit up and smoke was pouring out of the stack.
DSCN1428.JPG

Back in the kitchen and pretty hungry to start the day, got on making brekky. A Canadian bacon, cheddar, onion scramble with a side of my maple-honey bacon,.
DSCN1424.JPG

DSCN1426.JPG

I got so stuffed from brekky I decided to go back to bed for a little nap. When I woke up it was time to pull the lox. Pretty happy!
DSCN1430.JPG

This is the second time I've smoked up some lox using Smokin' Al's step by step recipe. It turns out the best cold-smoked salmon on the planet, and Al's directions are so complete and easy to follow even I could do it. I'll make another batch next week and will hopefully be set for the year, can't cold smoke during the summer in AZ. I've got a bagel recipe and might try my hand at that later today. Kudos to you Al, this lox is great! Thanks for looking. RAY

Would you like some eggs to go with that ketchup? lol, I'm only playing, I put ketchup on my ketchup (or maybe that's salsa? I like that too)! Lox looks great!

Reactions: sawhorseray
That's a whole heap of breakfast. I was full looking at your pic. The lox looks mighty fine Ray, can't go wrong following Al's technique.

Point for sure
Chris

Whoa, a big carousel ride! Thank y'all for the kind comments and likes, I truly do appreciate them. The credit really should go to Al, I follow the recipe step by step, and it makes my wife so happy to see it come out perfect every time that Al's become a legend in our home. RAY

Like ! Nice job. What species Salmon is it? I'm also doing some in a couple days. You can NEVER have too much lox lying around.

Like ! Nice job. What species Salmon is it? I'm also doing some in a couple days. You can NEVER have too much lox lying around.

It's the farmed Atlantic salmon they sell at Sam's Club, $7.99lb. skinned, $6.99 skin on. Thanks for the like. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky