low temps Louisiana lg900 pellet grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

homeruk

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 30, 2015
london UK
can anyone help with temps on a lg900 pellet grill, picked one up at costco a couple of weeks back and had some good results so far, its the one with the cold smoking box on the side
just marinated 3kg of flank steak as a jerky for the smoker tomorrow only to find this evening the lowest i can set the temp to is 86c (uk) about 190f
running some ribs today at 230f i could only get the cold box to 150f at the top and about 80f at the bottom so i was really hoping to do the jerky in the main grill running setting the temp to about 160f
anyone know how to lower the set up of the G2 pid control or is it wise to do it anyway?
i know i could probably run the main grill at a higher temp to get the cold box temps up but seems a mighty inefficient waste of pellets
thanks hopefully in advance

smoke mode and a P setting of 6 will get you around 160,haven't tried P 7 but watch for flame outs if you do

are we talking about the same controller? or is the "p" setting in the hidden setup menu? aall i have is temp up and down on the unit

good question,I thought that a lot of these units had a P setting to control smoke,I will go look and see what I can find

Well yours has a PID controller which is the newest system,no P settings needed.sorry I gave bad info,that's supposed to be the better than the old system but may not be as adjustable by the user

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky