Loving my Traeger with only one 'sometimes' problem

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Beerlord

Original poster
Feb 4, 2018
First time posting!
Had my Traeger Bronson for about 4 months now and everything I smoke has been awesome.
The last month something odd has happened but it's sporatic. After about 2 hours, it stops heating. I've got plenty of chips in the auger and nothing is blocked. But, when it happens, no matter what I do, it just stops heating. I have to shut it down and start again then things work fine.
I keep the unit clean and there is no power problem and again, it's not every time it's used, just sometimes.
Any ideas. Thanks in advance.

Have you cleaned the combustion pot?
I'm no help beyond that, so call customer service and get their advice

Yes, I've kept it pretty clean but I'll go over it with much better OCDness after my brisket is done.
Thanks.

After it stops heating Is there a big build up of unburned pellets left in the burn pot? If so sounds like you had a flameout. Could be multiple reasons ...smoking at to low a temp, pellet feed issue, not enough airflow (stack vent too low).

Was having the same issues on mine fire dies and no restart on the controller got a new non Traeger controller with auto restart and a ceramic starter now it holds at 150 degrees and restarts as needed.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky