love the deer jerky, w/ q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stjoeguy1122

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
St Joseph, Missouri
Found several pounds of deer meat that I cut up for stew/chili meat but decided to jerk it instead. While I was digging around in the freezer I found a few round steaks, they were a little thicker then I normally use for jerky but I beat them down.

I use High Mountain seasonings on all but one rack of the round steak, I used cure, sea salt and McCormick’s Spicy. Probably a little to much salt but it did have some kick!

My jerky is more like little bites of steak then the hard dried out teeth pullers that most think of when talking about jerky.

I cooked up the smaller bite size pieces in the MES 30, set at 170. cooked up the round steaks in the propane smoker, temp was drifting between 175-200, it was cold and windy today.

first 4 racks heading to smoker

first 4 racks done

I cut a couple of pieces open to see how done they were, I cooked them for another 30 minutes and pulled

round steaks, beat with tenderizer, cured and seasoned over night heading into the propane smoker

after about 4.5 hours, added a very small hand full of wood chips

last rack of round steaks, these were slightly salty but they had some great heat to them

Bob, morning.... Man that looks good.....   Nice doo on the jerky.....    
icon14.gif
..  Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky