Love smoked meats

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pipper

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Hi everyone!!  I am live in Ontario, Canada and am very curious/interested in smoking my own meats, especially homemade sausages.  I do not own a smoker yet built am looking into getting one in the future or even making my own.  I am eager to learn all and anything about smoking.  Thanks for your time and info.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything   ......... 
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome Pipper! A lot of very knowledgeable people on here especially about making Sausage! Just start looking around and posting questions you cannot find answers to.

Pipper
welcome1.gif

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions Post it
and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is because their
are so many different ways to make great Q We all have our own taste.

Happy smoken.

David

Pipper we recently built a Barrel Smoker or a UDS as they call them on here (ugly Drum Smoker). I highly recommend that. It was easy to build and it does a fabulous job of cooking meat. We use it both as a smoker and as a grill depending on the grill height and meat. They do a beautiful job of smoking meat.

Last edited:
Welcome, fellow Canadian.

canada-flag-68.gif

I only started smoking last fall and didn't have much success until I found this forum. There is a ton of great information in the posts and many kind helpful people.

Get a smoker and get smoking!

Disco

Hello Pipper...Welcome to the forums! You've found the best place I know for sharing ideas on smoking, grilling, curing, etc. There are lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another. Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky