Louisiana Grills Champion Competition Pro

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rylan Grimes

Original poster
Nov 21, 2018
So ordered this grill few weeks back from Costco because it could do it all. Mostly I wanted to cold smoke cheese in it. But I'm finding it hard to keep the temps below 90 in the upper box. Has anyone messed around with this grill enough to find the right combination of vent control to keep the temps down but still get enough smoke in the box?
https://www.costco.com/Louisiana-Gr...ellet-Grill-and-Smoker.product.100382905.html

For doing cheeses, I would highly recommend picking up a pellet tube like the A-MAZE-N. I got the LG900 from Costco with the side box and I have great results with a tube for cheese. Even with the tube, I still had to use ice to keep my temp down when it was 85 outside. With the tube, that is all you use for smoke, done even have to plug in grill. With a pellet grill it is also great if you want a little heavier smoke flavor.

So ordered this grill few weeks back from Costco because it could do it all. Mostly I wanted to cold smoke cheese in it. But I'm finding it hard to keep the temps below 90 in the upper box. Has anyone messed around with this grill enough to find the right combination of vent control to keep the temps down but still get enough smoke in the box?
https://www.costco.com/Louisiana-Gr...ellet-Grill-and-Smoker.product.100382905.html

Rylan,

I have one and my Traeger was better. I would not recommend this grill. I have had this for over a year and have figured out how to make it work but grilling shouldn't be this hard

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky