LOSS OF MY FATHER

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

soflaquer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 3, 2005
Stuart and Palm Beach, Florida
After a trip to my sisters in Gainseville for Christmas, my Father came under Hospice Care. My Wife and I went to his bedside New Years Eve and today he went to be with God at 10:30 am.

He was a retired Schoolteacher for 36 years and loved by everyone whom came in contact with him or had the pleasure of his teachings. I am thankkful to have been raised by such an intelligent and forthright man and one who always stood by his convictions. He was Married to my Mother for 60 years!

Please say a prayer for my Family as we make arrangements for his eternal rest beside my beloved Grandmother.

I love you, Dad!

Jeff

Thank you!

I am consoling right now with music that reminds me of Him. As a musician, I guess it's my way of grieving. Hard to keep the tears at bay.................

Jeff

Jeff, I'm so sorry for the loss that you and your family are going through at this time. I lost my father 3 years ago Dec. 26th so I know the feeling that you are now experiencing. My prayers go out for you and your family during this time.

God Bless!

Earl D-

Jeff,

Thanks for sharing this personal information with us here.

I and my family will include you in our prayers and we will pray that you and your family may be blessed with peace and the ablilty to recall favorite memories from the past.

Jeff

We all mourn with you brother. He will be missed by many more than may be known. Hold your head high and carry on as he would wish.

You and your family are in our prayers.

Jeff,
My prayers and thoughts are with you. Having lost my father (and my daughter in two different incidents), I can understand some of your thoughts about now. Please be aware that you and your's are not alone. All of us here on the SMF hold you up with the understanding of what it means to lose a great one. But also, be aware that as long as we can remember those who have passed, they are indeed still with us. That will mean more to you as time passes. God bless us all.

I'm very sorry for you loss. Hope you and your family can pull through the tough times.

-Travis

Jeff, My tohughts and prayers, I lost my Father eight years ago. He was my employer, my mentor, my hunting partner, fishing buddy and best friend. There wasn't too many days that we didn't at very least, have coffie in the morning.
I can tell you this, Your father isn't hurting anymore, in fact, He's probably doing better than we are.
Keep your chin up, the rest of your family needs your strength right now.

Prayers, Dave.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky