Looking to Build My First RF Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokyhollow84

Original poster
Jul 16, 2013
Cobleskill NY
i have turned into a Smoking Nut in the last year or so... i'm looking to build my first ever smoker... i want to do a RF and start with a 55gal drum for my first one, then next year move up and build a bigger one... my goal is i want to be able to go to local fair's and events in town and sell BBQ, we have not one BBQ place in town closest one is about 40 mins away...  any pointers u can help me with like

how big of a smoke box?

Size of Stack

i would like to do the smoke box square, i have a bunch of Diamond Plate truck tool boxes around is that safe to use?

i will be adding pics along the way.. should get my drum this weekned all fresh and clean, not oil drum but Food drum..

Be sure and post some pictures of your build.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky