Looking for Thermometers for my smoker doors

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Muzzy17is

Original poster
Jun 11, 2019
therm.png
Which thermometers do ya'll recommend for the door on my smoker I'm building. I'm looking at some on Amazon you can get two 3" face for around $15.00. Just wondering if these are worth the money to start off with and then upgrade? Similar to the one in pic.

Reactions: Inkbirdbbq
I think you get what you pay for. Check some of the previous build forms that they have used. Tel- tru is one that comes to mind.

I just drilled small holes in the side of my smoker (just enough to squeeze the probes in) use the clips to hang my probe at grate level.

If you're looking for a "mounted" thermometer, I would recommend the Tel Tru brand (after all if Aaron Franklin uses them they have to be good). Personally, I would just make a hole and use probes from my wireless thermometer.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky