looking for the best electric smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jlschank

Original poster
Nov 7, 2022
I am looking for a Good electric smoker. Ive been looking at the 30# by TSM is there anything out there compairable in size that does a good job.

I am partial to Smokin-it and Cookshack. But they are pricey. Good warranties and all stainless inside and out (less the racks on the Cookshack; stainless is an option). PS Seasonings makes a good smoker with a good reputation (PK 100 Pro) but I have no hands on with it. For a while, Cabella's re-branded the PK 100, if that means anything.

I am partial to Smokin-it and Cookshack. But they are pricey. Good warranties and all stainless inside and out (less the racks on the Cookshack; stainless is an option). PS Seasonings makes a good smoker with a good reputation (PK 100 Pro) but I have no hands on with it. For a while, Cabella's re-branded the PK 100, if that means anything.

I just got a PK 100. I haven't had a chance to do much other than testing as I just got it set up last week and it's been raining like crazy (no cover in my back yard), but I will say this thing is built like a tank, it's 100% stainless steel, and fully insulated.

The one and only thing I can nit pick at is that the average actual temp is almost exactly 10 degrees hotter than the set temp, but that makes it super easy to compensate for, just set it 10 degrees lower than what you actually want and your golden. Any electric smoker is going to have fluctuations, but this thing only swings about +/- 3-4 degrees. It's also super consistent and from the bottom rack to the top rack it runs within 1 degree.

I also tested it using an A-Maze-N pellet tray to generate the smoke instead of the saw dust bowl it comes with. It worked flawlessly for the 4 hours I tried running it.

It's an expensive option at $2,500.00, but if you can swing it it's definitely the way to go.

All I can say is I can't wait to run a batch of sausage in it as soon as this stupid rain goes away. It looks like that may be this coming weekend.

Reactions: sawhorseray
Back in late 2011and early 2012, I seriously considered the PK 100. I contacted them as well as Cookshack and one other company inquiring about a scratch and dent. I did not care about cosmetics because nothing looks new after a few uses. CS had one at a great price so I got the Amerique. I have two electrics now and still have the itch for the PK. Enjoy!

I've had a PK-100 made by PS Seasonings for 16-17 years now, got mine when they were made for Cabelas. Bought the floor model on the way back home from a winning trip to Reno, they put it into the back of my truck for the sale price of $1199, no tax as I recall, paid cash. Costs twice as much now, worth every penny, never a glitch or problem. If you can find one as good or better, (you can't), buy it. Smoked sausage, bacon, ribs, prime, it's absolutely the best, you get what you pay for. RAY

004.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky